Hatch and Nest Round-up
We have a lot of nests to keep up with! Check this page for ongoing hatch forecasts and actual hatch dates for all of our cammed nests.
Decorah Nest, Decorah IA
- D24 and D25 have hatched! We are waiting for D26. As of today, the last egg was laid 39 days ago and is still within its hatch window. For more information and dates, visit this page (the 2016 nesting record is on the right): Decorah Eagles. Hatch dates in Decorah are:
- D24: March 29, 2016. First look at 6:22AM
- D25: March 31, 2016 @ 3:15PM CDT
Decorah North Nest, Decorah IA
- The eagles at the Decorah North site laid eggs quite a bit later than the eagles at the Decorah site. If we apply the standard 35-39 days for egg number one, we expect eggs to start hatching between April 15 and April 19. For more information and dates, visit this page (the 2016 nesting record is on the right): Decorah North Nest Eagles.
Xcel Fort St. Vrain Eagles, Platteville CO
- FSV 31, 32, and 33 have all hatched and are already beginning to roam the nest! For more information and dates, visit this page (the 2016 nesting record is on the right): Xcel Energy Bird Cams. Hatch dates at Fort St. Vrain are:
- FSV 31: March 28, 2016
- FSV 32: March 28, 2016
- FSV 33: March 31, 2016
Great Spirit Bluff Falcons
- Peregrine falcons typically begin incubation after the third egg in a four-egg clutch, with hatch beginning 33 days after egg #3 is laid. However, Michelle has laid five eggs the past two years, making prediction a little tougher. If we go 33 days after the third egg, hatch should begin around May 3rd. If we go 33 days after the fourth egg, hatch should begin around May 6th. Either one gives us a fairly early banding date between May 23rd and May 26th to hit the ideal window, although we could go a little later than that.
King Plant Falcons
- The falcon laid her third egg on April 3rd, which means hatch should begin around Friday, May 6th.
Sherco Plant Falcons
- The falcon laid her third egg on April 1st, which means hatch should begin around Wednesday, May 4th.
Dairyland Power Genoa Falcons
- We don’t have exact dates on this nest, but my estimation for egg #3 based on BFoss’s reporting puts hatch starting on roughly Tuesday, April 26th. That gives us a banding date of roughly May 16th!
Great River Energy Falcons
- Mary Ellen laid her third egg on March 27, which means hatch should begin around Friday, April 29.
- We don’t yet have eggs at Red Wing Grain, MPL Hibbard, or Bay State Milling! We have one egg at MPL Cohasset.