After the Fledge!
Don’t miss After the Fledge, our annual event celebrating our eagles and the people that love them! After the Fledge is happening from July 14 to July 16 in Decorah, Iowa. Follow this link to learn more and register for the party! http://bit.ly/28KPGsL. The talks on Saturday are free and open to the public and do not require registration.
The Meet and Greet will take place on Thursday, July 14, from 6:00PM – 7:30 PM at the hatchery with a Mabe’s pizza party! We hope to have board member David Lynch give a little talk on photography for the eagle lover at 7:30.
On Friday, July 15, we have a kayak/canoe trip beginning at 8:00am with Scott Iverson (link), a bicycle ride at 10:00am with chat moderators GardenGirl and Glogdog (meet at Decorah Bike Rentals), and a chance to volunteer at the Humane Society of Northeast Iowa at 1pm! Come have fun with RRP and explore the wonders of the Decorah area!
Saturday, July 16 will include:
- 9:30am, Decorah Fish Hatchery: Falcon banding demonstration (with a stuffed toy). Amy Ries and Dave Kester will show how banding is done and answer your questions about banding birds.
- 10:00am, Decorah Fish Hatchery: Meet Robbie the Great Horned Owl! Raptor Resource Project board members Laura Johnson and Neil Rettig will present Great Horned Owl Robbie and talk about their work.
- 2:00pm, Valders Hall, Luther College: A screening of the film “Mysteries of the Driftless”, with George Howe and Tim Jacobsen.
- 2:45’ish, Valders Hall, Luther College: Raptor Resource Project director John Howe will speak about the past year and our plans. Includes a Q&A.
- 4:00, Valders Hall, Luther College: Kay Neumann of SOAR will present on their work. Will include an appearance by ‘Decorah’, the sole surviving fledgling of the 2014 season.
Our celebration dinner will be held on Saturday night at the hatchery at 6:00pm, followed by cam shutdown at 8:00. We look forward to seeing you! Again, talks are free and open to the public, but you need to register for everything else! http://bit.ly/28KPGsL