There are many ways you can support the Raptor Resource Project. We accept donations via Paypal and through checks. But even those of you who can’t donate money can still help. Consider ways you can improve the environment. Pick up trash? Great! Build fishing line disposal bins? That is very helpful! Maintain a bird-friendly yard? Wonderful! Hunt and fish with non-lead ammo and sinkers? This does a world of good! If everyone does even a little thing, it will make a difference!
If you are able to make a donation, we have two links below.
Click this button to donate to the Raptor Resource Project via Paypal
Mail checks to:
The Raptor Resource Project
PO Box 16
Decorah, IA 52101
What does the Raptor Resource Project do? We are a 501c3 that specializes in the preservation of falcons, eagles, ospreys, hawks, and owls. In addition to bringing you the Decorah Eagles, Great Spirit Bluff Falcons, and other birds of prey, we create, improve, and directly maintain over 50 nests and nest sites, provide training in nest site creation and management, and develop innovations in nest site management and viewing that bring people closer to the natural world. Our mission is to preserve and strengthen raptor populations, expand participation in raptor preservation, and help foster the next generation of preservationists.
As a nonprofit environmental organization, we depend on donors, research, and our other programs for our entire budget. With your tax deductible contribution to the Raptor Resource Project, we can:
- Continue updating to high definition digital cameras in Decorah and elsewhere.
- Help develop and realize a dream of Bob’s: establishing a Philippine Eagle cam to save a beautiful bird of prey who’s very existence is threatened. We are working in cooperation with the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the Philippine Eagle Foundation. Neil and Kike will be traveling to the Philippines to scout locations with staff from both organizations in February of 2016.
- Provide one of the world’s largest public wildlife education programs to countless classrooms through our unequaled Ustream channels, interactive chats, facebook page, and blog.
- Partner with landowners, private businesses, and government agencies to monitor and band peregrine falcons at over 40 sites.
- Continue our collaborative raptor nest-box, trapping, and monitoring programs.
These things all take money. As of 2015, our annual expenses were hovering around $99,000 per year. Our income is generated entirely by donations from viewers of our various cams, and we sincerely appreciate your generosity and support of the Raptor Resource Project mission. Would you please help us make a difference with your donation?
Thank you so much for your support and we hope you enjoy watching in 2016!